As an Independent Agent this is what we can offer
Value of Independent Agency
Group Health Plan
Information about Wilson-Hite Insurance
Wilson- Hite Insurance, Inc., as it is known today, is comprised of many agencies acquired through purchase and merger over many years. In 1920, James N. Wilson, a prominent Vinton businessman, owned and operated the Wilson Insurance Agency. In 1934 his son, James L Wilson, joined the firm and it became known as the Wilson & Wilson Agency. During the ensuing fifteen years several agencies were purchased by the Wilson & Wilson Agency to include the W.E. Bickel Agency, formerly known as Marietta & Bickel. In 1949 the agency became the Jim Wilson Agency. In 1970 the Jim Wilson Agency and the Rector Insurance Agency merged. This merger brought about the purchase of the Vandeventer Agency, Garrison, and also the Paul Shain Agency, Vinton, Iowa. Jim Wilson and Harry Rector remained partners until January 1, 1973 when David C. Hite purchased the Rector interest. In September 1974 the agency became known as Wilson-Hite Insurance, Inc. Don C. Weideman purchased the interest of Jim Wilson effective January 1, 1979. During the years 1979 through 1985 Wilson-Hite Insurance, Inc. purchased the Arthur Schmidt Agency, Vinton, the Hartz Insurance Agency, Newhall, and the Hadley Insurance Agency, Mt. Auburn, Iowa. John Yundt purchased the interest of David C. Hite effective January 1, 1998.